Backpacking - Student Travel - Hiking Guide - Camping Grounds
National Parks - Budget Accommodation - Hostel - Travel Packages
The Backpacking Guide for Beginners by Jason Thomas is the one book every backpacking enthusiast should read before hitting the trail for the first time.
Based on his vast knowledge about backpacking accumulated over several years of travelling around the world, Jason covers every crucial aspect for making your first backpacking trip a success.
Written in an easy-to-understand manner, the book goes into details and talks about
- the best trails to choose when just beginning,
- the essential gear you will need,
- how to choose your backpacking equipment, from your backpack and sleeping bag to the minor things, such as toiletries and medicines,
- the key things to consider when travelling across borders,
- what foods you can eat during your trips (including quick meals and recipes),
- what clothes to pack with you,
- and much more...
Nothing is left untouched.
Sprinkled with a few backpacking stories from Jason's trips, the book can be considered the go-to backpacking guide for anyone who loves the thrill of travelling and hiking.Go ahead and click the "Buy" button today and take advantage of the special discounted offer!
Megan Goes Hiking Megan is a 13-year-old teenage girl, who realises that she has psychic powers that others do not have. At first, she tried to talk to her mother about them, but with disastrous consequences, so she learned to keep quiet about them. However, some people do offer to help and an animal showed a special friendship, but they were not 'alive' in the normal sense of the word. They had passed on. Megan has three such friends: Wacinhinsha, her Spirit Guide, who had been Sioux in his last life on Earth; her maternal grandfather, Gramps and a huge Siberian tiger called Grrr. Wacinhinsha is extremely knowledgeable in all things spiritual, psychic and paranormal; her grandfather is a novice 'dead person' and Grrr can only speak Tiger, as one might imagine and most of that, of course is unintelligible to humans. This novella is about Megan's trip to her grandparents' house in West Wales, where she goes hiking, swimming and potholing with her best friend, Jane, who is frightened by the ghosts of some ancient cave-dwellers.
New 16th Edition!
Keep up with current practice guidelines and policies from the American Academy of Pediatrics with the latest edition of this clinical reference classic. This evidence-based decision-making tool for managing common pediatric conditions has been revised with the latest clinical practice guidelines for more than 30 conditions, plus every AAP policy statement, clinical report, and technical report through December 2015.
Updated and expanded for 2016 including:
- More than 30 clinical practice guidelines including Sleep Apnea guideline, as well as ADHD, bronchiolitis, dysplasia of the hip, gastroenteritis, otitis media, urinary tract infection, and more.- New Periodicity Schedule
- Full text of more than 60 new or revised AAP policies
- CD-ROM includes the full text of more than 500 AAP clinical practice guidelines, policy statements, clinical reports, and technical reports.
- 2016 immunization schedule.
Clinical practice guidelines included in this edition cover the following pediatric conditions:
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Cerebral palsy
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Dysplasia of the hip
- Febrile seizures
- Food allergy
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Group B streptococcal disease
- Helicobacter pylori infection
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplant
- Human immunodeficiency virus-New!
- Intravascular catheter-related infections
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Migraine headache
- Nonfebrile seizures
- Otitis media
- Sedation and analgesia
- Sleep apnea
- Status epilepticus
- Tobacco use and dependence
- Urinary tract infection
- Vesicoureteral reflux
Aussie Backpacking Articles
Aussie Backpacking Books